|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
3.5"x5" Layered Nativity Display
These small layered scenes are so much fun! This one measures just 3.5"x5" and is a total of 5 layers. You can use any material and any thickness you like. All you're going to do is measure the thickness of all 5 layers and make your own stands to fit that total (see notes in included file and overview video if you don't know how).
Use different types of wood, use acrylic, paint the layers, add a family name, or whatever you want as text -- or use the included text -- I can't wait to see what you do with it!
The "Oh What a Savior!" text is a bit small, so be careful with your glue and use tweezers if needed. As you can see in the pictures, the angel on the left is tucked in under the S and a for placement.
I glued the text on the back acrylic piece first. Then I glued the 4 layers to each other and used a clamp to hold them in place while drying. Once it was dry, I laid the front clear piece in place and glued the two clear stands onto the bottom of the combined 5 pieces, thus avoiding putting glue visibly on the clear acrylic front.
Video Overview of my related project (Christmas Town Scene) : https://youtu.be/L6fmgWH9VPw
Materials I Used: (All are Glowforge Proofgrade Materials -- but you can use ANY material and thickness you want)
- Glowforge Medium Walnut Hardwood
- Glowforge Medium Maple Hardwood
- Glowforge Medium Cherry Hardwood
- Glowforge Medium Clear Acrylic
*You can, of course, use any materials or any thicknesses you like. The only adjustments you'll need to make will be to the size of the slot in the two bases to accommodate your chosen material. Other than that, anything would work.
Have a Glowforge and need to know how to cut a file with multiple layers in one file? Here's a tutorial! https://youtu.be/qYFPH_h39YI
>> PERMISSIONS FOR USE:
- Feel free to cut the files for personal use or for reselling the items you make with them.
- No attribution required, but thank-yous and shout outs are always appreciated. POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE SUPER HELPFUL! Tell me what you think at https://facebook.com/bigbluelaserdesigns/reviews
- NEITHER THE FILES NOR THE PICTURES ON THIS POST CAN BE SHARED, RESOLD, OR REDISTRIBUTED IN ANY FORM. **NO RETURNS PERMITTED ON DOWNLOADED ITEMS
No physical items included in this listing.
Want to buy your own Glowforge? Use my referral link and save $100-$500! https://glowforge.us/r/vXGQ2J
>> Connect with me!
- Website: http://bigbluelaserdesigns.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bigbluelaserdesigns/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bigbluedesignsok
You'll get 1 PDF and 1 SVG